A pastor recommends the execution of homosexuals in the United States.
I wonder if he also recommends executing:
- Adulterers (Leviticus 20:10)
- Girls who lie about being a virgin. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
- Rape victims that live in a city. (Deuteronomy 22:23) – Because if she didn’t really want it, she would have yelled louder, am I right? Ugh…
- Worshiping idols or rather members of any other religion than Judaism, which would include Christians who worship a man as the Son of Yahweh. (Exodus 22:20, Leviticus 20:1-5, Deuteronomy 17:2-7).
- Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:14-16,23).
- Breaking the Sabbath (Exodus 31:14, Numbers 15:32) – That would be Saturday, mind you. Did you mow your lawn on Saturday, pastor? Guess what? You deserve death under the old Mosaic Law.
- Practicing magic (Exodus 22:18). Sorry, David Copperfield, stoning for you too.
- Trying to convert people to another religion. (stoning) (Deuteronomy 13:1, Deuteronomy 18:20). Yeah, again, that would be any other religion than Judaism. Saul of Tarsus was perfectly just and right under the law for trying to murder Christianity’s forefathers.
- Being a false prophet. (Deuteronomy 13:5, Deuteronomy 18:20, Zechariah 13:2 – Hal Lindsey, you shouldn’t have made those rapture predictions, buddy. Some heavy rocks coming your way.
- Being a stubborn and rebellious son. And being a profligate and a drunkard. (stoning) (Deuteronomy 21:18) – There would be a lot less teenagers and college kids around.
Or maybe the not so good pastor there Is simply full of shit (along with hate and bigotry), and there are many, many gay folks who love their neighbors and are good people who are much closer to the kingdom of heaven than this ‘Christian’ will ever be.